Number of Destinations

Won a "free promo" for my family to go to Disneyland. After being led to think we had won a new car, they tell us that we had to attend a timeshare presentation and then we could pick two free promo gifts and a drawing to win a new car.

Whatever. We go to the presentation. We don't get entered to get a car..that was just to lure us in even though that was the prize for the original contest. And we didn't get four tickets to Disneyland, we got two adult and two children tickets.

And we have to pay $50 deposit for the hotel (fair) and $50 in taxes (sucks but whatever). I send in the paperwork and it takes them three weeks to contact me. The travel agent said she would call me in two days to see if the dates we wanted to go we're available. After not hearing back for over a week, I call her and she apologized and emailed me at 3 pm that evening (their offices close at 4).

She said that I would have to pay an extra $200 because they don't have those days available. I email her the next morning, when I see the email, saying I'd like to book it and ask what exactly the $200 would be going to (an itemized break down). No response..this was Thursday. I call her Friday and I couldnt reach her.

I call again the next Wednesday and the receptionist leaves a message for her. Still no call back or email. I email her again Thursday morning and tell her that I know these dates are time sensitive and I'd really like for her to let me know if they're available before prices go up. She calls me shortly after that email and says that the dates are still available but now it's an extra $15 dollars because I didn't email her back that very same day.

(If I hadn't been emailing her back within the hour, I would have missed it). But she also took over a week to get back to me. I expressed my concern about this and she said they understood, but that there was nothing she could do and didn't admit to the fact that even though I didn't get back to her within one hour of when she emailed me, she waited a WEEK after two emails and three phone calls. We love vacations and we hate the stress of dealing with the planning but Odenza lacks responsibility and professionalism.

I've read stories about how they don't respond very timely during their "peak season"...which is also what they told me. That is a problem when the product they're offering is time-sensitive. A solution would be to hire more agents or keep them accountable for their mistakes that ultimately they put on their customers. 0/5 stars.

If we hadn't decided to go on a vacation already, I wouldn't have dealt with it. It just seems like a seedy company.

Review about: Odenza Marketing Vacation Package Booking.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments